Friday, April 20, 2012

Quotes

From the Simple Dollar  Blog site:

If you’re pretty happy doing what you’re doing, is it really work?
“Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.” – J. M. Barrie
I find that I can enjoy almost any task if I can slip into a focused zone while doing it. I think I enjoy the accomplishment.
Good things typically don’t happen while you’re sitting around waiting for them to happen. You have to pave the way for good things, and that’s often hard work.
“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”– Thomas Edison
Everything successful I’ve built in my life has involved a lot of thankless work before success ever came along.
Try something hard rather than something easy if you want to improve.
“Attempt the impossible in order to improve your work.” – Bette Davis
I feel this every time I work on a novel or something else that really pushes me.
I’d rather be known for actually doing something than for taking credit for things I didn’t do.
“My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people: those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition.” – Indira Gandhi
Eventually, the person that can actually walk the walk comes out on top of the person who can talk the talk. I’ve seen it happen over and over and over again.
The only time I plan to stop being productive in my life is when I’m physically or mentally unable to produce anything.
“Better to wear out than to rust out.” – Bishop Cumberland
Work is too much fun.
Most of the things most of us do are failures.
“When I was young I observed that nine out of ten things I did were failures, so I did ten times more work.” – George Bernard Shaw
Often, though, all we’re shown are the successes, not the hard work behind them.
The clock is my single worst work interruptor. It seems like almost every time I get into a work flow, it’s interrupted by some appointment.
“I owe my success to the fact that I never had a clock in my workroom.” – Thomas Edison
I always do my best work when time really doesn’t matter that much.






No comments:

Post a Comment